Here's a super simple tutorial to age any ordinary jar and add a little adventure to your living space.
- Large glass jar
- Yellow paint
- Brown paint (optional)
- PVA Glue
- Plastic Bottle
- Electronic Candle
1. Paint the jar
- Wrap your string around the rim and tie it tightly
- Combine your paint with PVA glue, mix it well
- Paint the jar evenly, but light enough that it's not completely opaque, otherwise the light from your candle won't shine through
2. Decorate the inside
- Cut a ring from a plastic bottle, it needs to be wider than your candle, but narrower than the jar's opening
- Fill the gap between the plastic ring and the jar with pebbles. I got mine from IKEA, but any pebbles will do as long as they're small
- This gap will make it look like candle is sitting in the pebbles, but make it easy to take the candle out everytime you need to change the batteries
3. Drink some coffee (optional)
The extra caffeine does wonders for your crafting
4. Add your candle and enjoy!
Now your lamp is good to go! Switch it on and it'll happily light your dig site/tiki bar/jungle outpost.